INC relies on volunteer coaches. If you are interested in coaching, please contact our Director of Coaching, Julie Hibberd.
Support for coaches:
- Julie Hibberd is our Director of Coaching/Players Coordinator. As a Netball Victoria Intermediate accredited coach, Julie supports and mentors all INC coaches by attending selected training sessions when requested, assisting with training drills and supporting player and team development.
- Netball Victoria Membership: It is a requirement that all INC coaches have Netball Victoria membership, which provides the coach with insurance. The cost will be covered by INC.
- All coaches must have a current Working with Children’s Check – this is free and can be completed online.
- INC aims to cover the costs of coaches attending Netball Victoria accredited coaching courses – however please check with Julie Hibberd before registering for the course.
- INC aims to hold regular Coaches Clinics to support coaches with the most up-to-date information, techniques and drills.
Every INC team requires a parent/adult to take on the role of Team Manager (TM).
INC’s Registrar can assist TMs if you have any questions. Throughout the year the INC secretary will also assist TMs with regular information and updates.
Team Manager responsibilities
- Communication: acting as liaison officer between the club and the team and ensuring information is distributed to players/parents and coach in a timely manner. The TM is the first point of contact for questions/concerns from players, parents, the coach and spectators.
- Ensure smooth running of training and matches and that the Coach is aware of player absences due to illness, school commitments or bereavement.
- Team representative at club meetings.
- Team administration and ensure all families payment of fees.