Last night Netball Victoria held a webinar to introduce their Stage 1 of a return to Community Netball. The Committee have listed below excerpts from BDNA email sent today and a reminder that this is purely introductory and it’s about connecting for players and the club. No competition as yet. As INC train indoors, there will be another update from NV and the government late May/early June. Until then, this information is basically to keep families informed as to where things are as we look forward to a return to netball.
INFORMATION FOR OUTDOOR TRAINING ONLY
– ALL indoor venues are currently closed and cannot be used for any recreational activities.
– NO match play is to take place, and therefore, umpires are not required at present.
– ALL training activities need to be adapted to maintain a 1.5m distance between players/ and coaches.
– One group of 10 PER court, not per half court. 10 can consist of 10 players PLUS coach/team manager.
– Continue to encourage members to get tested if they are feeling unwell – it is also advised from NV to encourage your members to download the COVIDsafe app, although not a requirement in order for players to attend training.
– There is to be NO swapping of players or coaches between groups training at the same time. If a coach is in charge of two or more teams, it is advised that their sessions run back to back rather than at the same time. It is then the coaches responsibility to sanitise all equipment, and themselves, before commencing training with the new group.
– ALL Councils need to be contacted by the club before you resume training on outdoor venues. If you are considering using a school facility, please contact that school as they are also following strict Department guidelines.
– ALL attendance must be recorded and documented at club level. It is the responsibility of the club to set up systems for this – and it is suggested that recording attendance is done online rather than paper form.
– Minimal use of equipment is suggested by NV. It is also suggested that each team uses their OWN ball, and disinfects equipment after each training session. It is important that clubs provide the equipment rather than encouraging players to bring their own, as this allows clubs to be in control of the disinfection process.
– A MAXIMUM of 60mins is allowed for each group session. 45mins with a minimum of 20 mins changeover is recommended.
I understand the eagerness of all clubs and players to get back into netball, and also the excitement around seeing faces that have been distant for some time, but it is VITAL that we educate our members that there is to be no congregating before and after sessions, and that all players and parents/coaches respect the social distancing guidelines.
This is a short term pain for long term gain. There is no update on resumption of competition as yet, but small steps to reach the end goal. Please also note it is important to respect people’s decisions to not return to training.
Below are some useful links that can be found on NV website (go through COVID TAB) and should be read and understood by all clubs before considering resuming training.